PART 61 Flight Examiner Services
IAS is an approved Part 141 training organisation with highly experienced rotary wing instructors and examiners that can conduct the following Part 61 flight tests, proficiency checks and flight reviews:
- ATPL H
- FIR H
- IR H
- LL H (including sling or winch)
- NVFR H
- Type rating flight tests or flight reviews on AS332, AW139, BH212/412, SK76, SK92 and H175 helicopters
- Examiner Proficiency Checks for ATPL H, FIR H, IR H, LL H, NVFR H, NVIS, EPC
- Aviation English Language Proficiency (AELP) assessments
Flight Data Monitoring
Flight Operations Quality Assurance
Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) , also known as Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA), is a method of capturing, analysing and/or visualizing the data generated by an aircraft or helicopter moving from one point to another. Applying the information learned from this analysis helps to find new ways to improve flight safety and increase overall operational efficiency. FDM is an integral part of a company’s Safety Management System.
The goal is to improve the organization’s overall safety, increase maintenance effectiveness and reduce operational costs. There are a range of FDM solutions available covering from airlines to the small operator with a single aircraft.
FDM has the following significant safety benefits
- An FDM system allows an operator to compare it SOPs with those actually achieved in flight. A feedback loop will allow timely corrective action to be taken where safety may be compromised by significant deviations from SOPs.
- Risks can be identified and quantified and the information used to improve SMS risk management. The effectiveness of risk mitigation actions can then be monitored to ensure that the changes have the desired effect.
Potential Cost Savings
FDM can also save a company money through
- The overall reduction in risk involved with a company’s operation could lead to lower insurance premiums.
- Unnecessary maintenance can be prevented where the FDM data can be used to confirm that an aircraft limit have in fact been exceeded.
- Flight optimisation to improve fuel efficiency.
IAS can provide specialist FDM advice and assist in the following areas
- Implementation and operation of an FDM solution tailored to your specific needs that will make it cost effective to implement.
- Development of all the required company documentation
- Training of company FDM team members
Audits of FDM systems
- Implementation of event handling/reviewing (Smartsheet).
IAS can offer auditing services tailored to your requirements. Audits can be external or internal focussed on:
- Flight Operations
- Fatigue Risk Management Systems
- Flight Data Monitoring Systems
- Safety Management Systems
Fatigue Risk Management
The flight and duty constraints of CAO 48.1 can be inefficient and limiting for some aviation operators. An alternative may be to operate under a CASA approved Fatigue Risk Management System that provides an equivalent level of safety. IAS can provide specialist FRMS advice and assist in the following areas:
- Facilitation of the CASA FRMS application and approval process
- Development of required company documentation
- Development and delivery of initial training
- Audits of FRMS
- FRMS effectiveness surveys
Defence in Depth Concept
NVG / NVIS Operations
Introducing and conducting NVG operations can be challenging for organisations.
IAS can offer you specialist advice on the following aspects relating to NVG operations:
- Develop a turn key solution for the introduction of NVG operations
- Project management of the introduction of NVG operations to company operations
- Aircraft cockpit modification and NVG compatibility assessments
- Development of applicable Operations Manual sections
- NVG training and course materials
Flight Test Planning and Conduct
The IAS directors are qualified experimental test pilots with 3 decades of experience in rotary wing flight test and can assist you with:
- Flight test planning and conduct
- Document reviews
- Specialist advice on certification issues
The wide ranging experience of the IAS directors allow us to offer additional services:
- Crew resource management
- Rotary wing multi crew training
- Aviation Risk Management
- Simulator evaluation
- Project management (turn-key solutions)
- Tender development, submission and evaluation
- Development of company aviation manuals
- Development and facilitation of pilot training packages
If your specific requirements are not covered on the website please contact us and we may be able to provide you with a solution.